Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Divalicious

Today I’m going to forgo my usual self-centeredness to talk about someone else.

This week Children’s is losing an amazing employee in LaTonia McGinnis, who is leaving to “spread the wellness gospel,” as she calls it, to another company.

LaTonia, for those who don’t know her, is a huge part of the success of Strong4Life. She developed much of the program and has been a tireless cheerleader for those of us making our way to better health.

I first met LT while taking Cardio Fusion, the Thursday night class here at the Park. To be honest, I have had a bit of a girl crush on her from the beginning. She’s gorgeous and kind and I’m totally jealous of her dance ability.

LT is my Zumba BFF. We stand next to each other during every class and giggle about the moves we can’t quite seem to grasp. Class just won’t be the same without her.

I feel so lucky that LaTonia has evolved from a work acquaintance to a true friend. And though I’ll miss her terribly, I am grateful for her friendship, which will continue.

All of us at Children’s owe a great deal to LaTonia. I’m so excited to see where her new ventures lead.

Congratulations, LT, I’ll miss you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you - I will miss LT so much - she is a great person!

LaTonia said...

Thank you Erika for this sweet post! I feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to play a role in helping people change their lives. I am going to miss so many people at Children's, but knowing that so many employees are happier and healthier because of Strong4Life keeps a smile on my face!

CD said...

What a sweet blog - Boo hoo!! I'll miss LT as well - You have come to mean a lot to her, too - What a great looking picture you posted :)

Anonymous said...

Erika-That is so sweet! I feel very lucky to have worked with LaTonia. She makes my job easy and enjoyable because of her thoughtful and easy going manner.
Although my work here will never be the same without you a part of it, I wish you all the best!
--Mindy

Emily Anne said...

I whole heartedly agree with you Erika. LaTonia lights up the room and its hard to believe someone can be so pretty,kind and good at their job! We miss you already and are so thankful to know you LT.