Friday, January 8, 2016

Starting from scratch and a half

Happy 2016, y'all.

Last year was supposed to be the best year ever. The year I got back on track—when I was in the best shape of my life and felt fabulous and healthy on my wedding day.

OK, so none of those things really happened. Except the wedding day.

If you read my last post about six months ago or so, my year didn’t go at all as I planned. And because of that, I really wasn’t able to focus on my health.

This year I’m hoping it will be different—starting with this blog.

I struggle with this a bit. Do you really want to read stuff you already read from me? Because in a lot of ways, I feel like I’m starting from scratch. I have a new name, I’m in a new decade of life, I’m a different person. But a lot of my issues are the same. So at the risk of repeating some of the things I said in 2011 or 2012, I’m going to start again. And I hope you’ll join me.

It’s risky. If you enjoy my posts, you might be afraid to connect with me again, for fear I’ll quit—once again. The truth is that I can’t make any promises. What I can tell you is that I haven’t really quit. I mean, not totally. I fall down most days, but somehow I still get up and try again. I still believe that my ultimate goal is possible.

I hope you guys will join me once again and share your own journeys.I don't want to overpromise, but for now, I'll start with an entry a week. That's do-able. 

I’ll leave you with this: I'm not where I want to be--not by a long shot. I'm not where I was a couple of years ago. But I'm not where I started. And that has to count for something, right?

2010

2015

9 comments:

Nancy said...

No judgment from me, just keep on keeping on. I'm back on the bandwagon with you and determined to make some major changes this time.

Unknown said...

You are gorgeous my friend and I will be walking beside you on this journey supporting you anyway that I can. I LOVE YOU!!!

jj1991 said...

Yay... I am glad you are back. I am on the same journey and it helps to know I am not alone.

Anonymous said...

I love E posts...any E posts, because it's, well.....E.

Heart you.

Unknown said...

I am so freaking excited you are back. It really inspires me and helps Me know I am not alone in my struggle

Anonymous said...

#1 Fan here. Proud of you for keeping your successes in mind! You've come a long damn way...you'll go even further. Proud of you for focusing on YOU.

PS. You are gorgeous every single day, but I can personally attest to how incredibly stunning you were on your wedding day.

Megan said...

2015 was not kind to you in some huge ways. I am super excited to see you blogging again! I'll read every single word, so please know you have my support! I'm on the same journey - I want to do better for myself and my family and I'd love to have you to inspire me like you have in the past! You're the best and have already come so incredibly far!

Norma said...

So glad you're back to blogging!

Ali Thompson said...

You are human, so of course, you are going to fall. The important thing is you keep picking yourself back up. We all do this, which is the reason we love to read your blog. We can all relate. You are just brave enough to talk about it. Xoxo. Look forward to being on this journey with you!