Friday, May 28, 2010

Apples and peaches and broccoli, oh my

I don’t have a whole lot to talk about today. I’m so looking forward to the long weekend. I’m going to try to make myself go to the gym at least once or twice. My gym is not close to home, but there is one in my apartment complex I’ve yet to try. I’ll let you know Tuesday if I go.

One thing I’m super excited about is Eat Right Atlanta. Children’s has worked with them to offer us fresh produce delivery straight to The Park every two weeks. You can buy a basket of an assortment of fresh fruits and veggies for just $15.

I was so happy to see the announcement on Careforce. A friend of mine is involved in a similar program in Kennesaw and loves it. I had researched a few produce basket programs closer to me, but they were all too expensive or had inconvenient pick-up hours.

So how great is it for us that we can do this at work? I know they are trying to set up delivery at the other campuses, so those of you not at the Park, hold tight.

According to the website, this week the basket will have:

• Apples
• Peaches
• Grapefruit
• Broccoli
• Cabbage
• Celery
• Corn
• Green Onions
• Potatoes
• Romaine Lettuce
• Crook Necked Squash
• Bell Peppers

That’s a lot more than you could get at your grocery store for $15. I can’t wait. You can visit Careforce for more information, or go to Eat Right Atlanta. Fresh produce here I come!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend, all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds great! I wish they did that where I live!(Columbus, GA) Have a great holiday weekend, Erika!