Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Not today

Remember my affinity for Chinese food? It officially backfired on me this week. Sunday night I decided to have a (minor, not a major) splurge and ordered delivery from a new place. It tasted fine. Or so I thought.

Let's just say it woke me up later. I was so sick. I'm pretty sure my inclination toward Chinese food in general is now over.

But for only the second time since I started Weight Watchers, today I didn't weigh in. I felt like my, er, sickness might result in a big loss. Which seems great. But it will ultimately skew my results next week and I'm trying to be as consistent as possible. 

So I don't really have anything to add on the weight loss front this week. Hopefully next week will be more accurate.

Thanks to all of you who e-mailed some soup recipes and some of your favorites. Keep 'em coming!

2 comments:

Dinah said...

Your new mission is to learn to cook a few Chinese dishes so you can enjoy the flavor profile without having all that extra oil & fat give you trouble. Think garlic, fresh ginger and low-sodium soy sauce. If you're a member on the WW site there are a bunch of fun recipes. :)

Anonymous said...

in a saucepan on low heat, mix hot sauce with reduced sugar jelly--plum, fig, grape, orange. stir in cooked chicken (homemade baked nuggets!) and sprinkle sesame seeds. toss in some veggies. YUM!
-abo-