Monday, November 8, 2010

Cold legs but strong legs

Congratulations to all who participated in the 26th annual Strong Legs Run Saturday. I know I wasn't alone in groaning when the alarm clock went off and the temperature was only about 30 degrees. Brr.

But the cold didn't keep people away. It's quite a bizarre contradicition to be simultaneously sweating and freezing, and it seemed to take at least a mile before my legs were moving at a normal pace. All the same, I finished the 5k (I walked, of course) in about 51 minutes. Here are a few pictures from the event.






5k start line







LaTonia McGinnis, Tess Khan (our Zumba instructor) and me at the start line.










LaTonia, Ruth Bell and me pre-race. Note my Santa Claus-like red nose. Did I mention it was cold?











On the other side of the finish line. Woo!














My friend Jan Mayheu and I posing with Hope and Will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love how Strong Enough to get out there and run for Children's and you cared enough to wake up early and face the cold!!!
Jess

Anonymous said...

Look at you! Did you ever think in a million years that you would be participating in races? Isn't it awesome?!? It's a whole new you. Baby steps girl. It's working and you look great. What a beautiful smile. Keep up the great work.