Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday

It's late in a very busy day, but I am determined to fulfill my promise to blog every day this week.

So. My weekend. It was...OK. Sort of.

The Ronald is always a challenging place for me. One of my very first blog entries (by the way, we just passed our second blogiversary! Happy, happy!) was about my challenges with all the goodies at the Ronald McDonald House. When I'm there for the whole weekend, I tend to have moments of strength and weaknesses. This weekend was no exception.

Strengths:
  • Passed on the ziti drenched in vodka sauce for dinner Friday night. Ate my Lean Cuisine spaghetti instead.
  • Avoided pancakes and just ate eggs and fruit for breakfast Saturday morning.
  • Ate salad for lunch Saturday.
  • Chose my Smartones mini pizzas instead of the Papa John's brought for dinner Sunday night.
Weaknesses:
  • Homemade chocolate chip cookies. A few of them.
  • WAY too much Diet Coke.
  • Goldfish crackers (something about those cute little things--I cannot resist them).
  • Buttered popcorn for a snack Friday night.
So there it is. Not awful. Not fantastic.I have a busy week ahead of me--lots of plans. It will be tough for me to stay on track, but I'm going to give it my all.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: