Monday, October 29, 2012

Super favorites

Sorry for slacking last week, y'all. I was feeling a little under the weather.

I have a few favorites as of late, but not enough for a full favorites post this month. So I'll give you a couple faves (and a former fave gone wrong), along with a bonus picture. How's that? Good? Good.

Things I'm loving:

Misto

I received my Misto for Christmas last year, but have recently become addicted to it. You put in your oil, pump up the Misto, and it sprays like regular non-cooking spray. I love using pure oil, rather than the normal canned stuff for cooking. It just seems healthier. Plus, the Misto looks pretty enough to leave out on your counter.







Ezekiel bread
 I had often walked by the freezer of my grocery store's organic section and wondered about this bread. Was it holy bread? Only for religious people? I didn't know. So I looked it up. The bread is created based on a Scripture verse: "Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel…" Ezekiel 4:9®

It is made using six different grains and no flour. Sounds gross, right? I know! But it's not! I've often talked about my weakness for bread. Typically you will not find it in my house. If it can soak up butter or be made into a grilled cheese, I can't have it near me. The Ezekiel bread, though, is low on the glycemic index, so it doesn't spark major carb cravings. I keep it in my freezer and sometimes have it in the morning with my egg whites. I also love the cinnamon raisin flavor smeared with a bit of Laughing Cow.

A recent favorite gone wrong (cue the sad trombone)

My NutriBullet is dead, y'all. It just died one morning in the middle of making some juice. And then it wouldn't come off the base. It was just stuck there, full of spinach and apples and water. I finally got it disconnected and it worked again. I went a few days without using it, and when I tried again, it wouldn't even start. I'm really disappointed. I paid a decent amount of money for it and I REALLY loved it. But I can't really recommend it to my readers if it died after just a few weeks. Sad face.

Bonus!

I went to a few Halloween parties this weekend and had a "super" fun time (ba dum bum CHING!). Here's a picture from Friday (sorry FB friends who have already seen it!):


Have a great and healthy week, everyone!

P.S. Sending lots of love to all of you in Sandy's path. Stay safe, friends!
 

4 comments:

Susanna said...

That Misto looks a lot sturdier than the oil sprayer we had that went kaput - it was a little plastic thing. I'll have to see if I can find one.

What we use for stovetop cooking is actually a pretty wine bottle with an oil-pouring spout that we stuck on top. We fill it up with olive oil & leave it next to the pepper on the counter. It's decorative & useful.

aprilg683 said...

How did you end up getting the nutribullet unstuck? Same problem. =\

aprilg683 said...

How did you end up getting the nutribullet unstuck? Same problem. =\

Erika said...

April, I have it a day and it came unstuck, but it happened again. I ended up returning it, sadly. I was so bummed.