Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Something old is new again

Ouch.

Seriously, ouch.

Today, I am HURTING. But it's good. Really good.

Last night I took a new strength-training class offered at Children's. It was HARD. It reminded me a lot of boot camp--push-ups, sit-ups, wall sits, lunges, etc. Man, I'd forgotten how tough, yet exhilarating that can be.

Not long into my weight loss journey, I started personal training. I often credited that with helping me avoid major plateaus through my first 100-pound loss. Then this summer, I took two months of back-to-back boot camp. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. But I loved the soreness that reminded me I was a bit of a bad*ss. Yeah, I said it.

Anyway, as you know, I've been kind of slacking in general since then. I've gotten in some cardio, but I've absolutely avoided any strength training at all. Boy, did I feel that last night. I felt weak and awkward, and at one point I actually thought I might puke. But I made it.

Today I woke up with my shoulders, quads and abs burning. I missed that feeling. Hurts so good. At the same time, it feels a little bittersweet, realizing that I've lost a lot of my strength. I'm really going to make regaining that a priority.

I had a great weekend at the Ronald. Thanks to all of you who joined me on Facebook. I ate all my own food, avoided the GIANT cake and even saved enough points to have two pieces of cheese pizza with everyone during biweekly Pizza Night Sunday.
The ginormous cake I avoided all weekend (with my hand shown for scale).
And today is Tuesday--weigh-in day. I mean, that's why you guys are here, right? To see how I did?

Drumroll...

I got rid of 3.8 pounds this week.

Booyah. Hey, it shows that if you actually work the program, it will actually work. Who knew? I tracked like a fiend, I got in lots of exercise and I prepared ahead of time.

I plan to keep it that way.

Thanks for your support, all.

Oh, P.S. We got a sample Weight Watchers bar today at our meeting. The flavor? "Celebration Cake."
Cake! Finally!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect snack bar flavor! Now it will taste that much sweeter :) Plus, cute nail polish.
<3a.bo

Susanna said...

Go you!

Kellynn18 said...

Congratulations on your weight loss!! Great job! Thanks for the inspiration to re-comit myself to getting back on the healthy bandwagon. I love that I can follow you on Facebook too! Keep up the great work!